This weekend was exceptionally entertaining. Maybe it was due to meeting with people that I've not seen for a while now. Perhaps it's one heavy burden lifted off me after dealing with the review. Or maybe it's just the celebration that's kickin' in.
Like what had been mentioned in the earlier post, I had my portfolio review Friday evening, then off to Kellogg for free dinner. Then my mood swing came into place, where I basically snapped, and went into a depressed state. Everything got better as I talked to different friends of mine.
My emotional state improved having gone for paintball. Altho I must admit that the heavy "air-guns" made my hands sore. The squating on the floor, squeezing as much as possible to hide behind props on the battle field; all contributed to the sore and bruised legs.
Not like I needed more of those when I get bruised playing badminton and squash. More recently, tennis. Maybe I lack some vitamins. For some strange reasons, I remember Melissa telling me of the need to consume enough Vitamin C because if insufficient, people get bruised very easily. I guess it's going to be orange juice from now on?
Paintball was followed up by dinner (that took me the longest time to arrange for, but glad that it worked out). We had dinner with a total of 23 people in a restaurant that was only able to hold 40 people in total. In other words, we occupied more than half of the space. Cool! It was definitely nice to see alot of people. Most of which who were at paintball earlier that afternoon, and some that just came by to celebrate the special occasion.
There was a follow-up movie in our little group, post-dinner. Then some card games and food by the one and only place that opens till 4 in the morning.
Sunday morning, Adeline called. Then was cut-off because her mobile was low on battery. To my surprise, she knocked on the door, and asked if I wanted to go ta pao something from the Malaysian food festival. Sure glad that I tagged along, even it was for a while. The food that I got from there was great! Authentic nasi lemak, prepared by malay-Malaysians! The sirap bandung. Yum. The agar-agar, yum yummm....
Then, continued pinball-3D craze from Thursday evening. The difference? Joe got into the craze when Tim and I started. Some might think that it's a waste of time, but I'd say that it was fun! Brings back memories of sis and I, figuring out ways to take over the highest score in the game. I believe it was so for Tim and joe as well.
Adeline came to pick a bunch of us up, while Wei Yi had more people that was riding with him. We all went to suRIA. The Malaysia restaurant (formerly known as Ria) to celebrate Joe's early birthday. This time, with Malaysians, and a couple of others from Hong Kong, and one from Indonesia. Conversations were fun. Food was great! Time flew by so fast that I wished that we could have stayed a little longer.
Next week's going to be ok. Lots of work. No sweat. The workload, if compared with the portfolio work is nothing. I guess you could say that I was really concern with the review, and I am glad that I did somewhat well in it. Hard work paid off? Maybe. Prolly not :P
Later

2 comments:
looks like u enjoy urself.
hope u will find ur sunglasses soon..
T.T
Post a Comment