So, I was at Studio D today for the portfolio review. Amongst the reviewers were professionals from Doner (who was formerly from Leo Burnett), Pace and Partners, and The Park, Detroit.
First impression | shit!
Met with Kris by the gallery before the review. His comment: "It felt so much like I was being interrogated. Ya know, the room only has one spot light, and it was right on top of you. Five other people stares at you and your portfolio. Pfttt. Seems like he was not too happy about it." The word interrogation, was really enough to freak me out.
In Studio D | double the shit!
Wei was the next person who got reviewed after Kris. He said: "I got bashed up like hell. It really doesn't feel good in there." And yea. He did mention about being put under spot light and all. He, however, didn't feel it as much as the reviewers were now all sitting in a rather carefree manner.
Dave | and the break
Dave came out of the room. Having been in there for almost 40 minutes (dang! It was only supposed to last for 20 minutes per person!) And for the first time ever, I heard someone giving a positive feedback to this supposedly thrilling experience. He said: "it was good! they gave a lot of good feedback as to what I should improve on... you'll do fine in there." Then came Henry, walking out of the room, informing me of the little break that they decided on, due to the unexpectedly long review for each of us.
Coming up next | muah
Went in. Had a little ice-breaker. And yea, under that "annoying-spotlight." Other than that, I think everything went pretty smoothly. I was glad that my work impressed some of them. ACTUALLY, I was DELIGHTED! But on the other side of the coin, I felt like I was not good enough. I know that I shouldn't be saying this, but, I personally felt that they didn't give me a lot of feedback because I was not good enough. Rachel, a friend of mine said that I was just being too hard of myself. Maybe that's just the case. I don't know
Free dinner, State Room-Kellogg | on the department's tab
The appetizers + steak + sprite = dinner: could never have tasted better! More conversations among the reviewers and reviewees.
Have been a little weak lately (mentally, physically)

1 comment:
wow,,..impressive..
Post a Comment