Monday, January 25

Asian Art's Museum, Chinatown

Went to the Asian Art's Museum earlier today, and was pretty amazed by the collection that they had. I was surprised by a few things actually. They had a bunch of keris from Indonesia as well as the money tree (we totally studied about this thing in secondary school, and it's actually quite big this thing). On top of that, plenty of statues of deities in overlapping religion (Buddhism and Hinduism). There was also quite a few statues of Guan Yin. And as usual, plenty of Buddha, Shiva's and Vishnu's. I'd like to say that it's quite impossible for me to describe all the things that I saw, therefore, it's best for me to leave it to the pictures.

===

Ate at chinatown because they decided that they were hungry (they as in, people that I went to the museum with). Had mapo tofu and curry chicken (5 bucks per person, since we decided to only order 2 sets). Have got to cook tomorrow!

===

There has been progress with homework. At the very least, I am about to complete whatever that's due tomorrow. What's left essentially is HW that's due on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. Ganbatteh!

===

Pictures



















5 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice place , next time u bring us there !

Rex said...

Those pics are real awesome, but i was just wondering how did u manage to snap so many pics in the museums? Haha, aren't they illegal, somehow?
xD
xD

ManEe said...

A: LOL! you really wanna go to the museum?

Rex: It's not illegal to take pictures in museums here. You just can't use flash :)

Rainbow said...

hey man ee you look really cool in this pic

ManEe said...

LOL! Thanks rainbow :D