Wednesday, March 7

Day 1: Spring break that feels like Summer break!

On Wednesday morning, I departed for Madison Wisconsin. The train was, as usual, an hours late! Surprisingly, it was freezing cold that morning. And I was glad that I had an extra layer of fleece. Nonethtless, I pity my poor feet. It was shaking. HAHA. Alright. So, with the delay of the train, I wasn't able to catch the 12:35p.m. bus at Chicago's Union Station. However, I was able to change the ticket to the next bus (a couple of hours later). Stranded (if you would) at that place, I wasn't too motivated to move around Downtown Chicago. 1. the place didn't look too familliar because of the blanket of snow. And 2. I was a little too tired to move around.

The whole experience of travelling on land was amusing. I met with students from different universities, with their mothers, travelling with them for spring break, which according to them (the mothers), is so not cool. I wonder if they really mean it. HAHA. I know I spend most of my holidays with my family. A culture shock? Not shock, shock, but maybe a little. However, what really caught my attention was a little puppy on the bus. I digress, as I wasn't able to take a good picture :(

And so, spring break felt like Summer break for the first time when friends that has been seperated for 2 years met up once again. It was amazing, to have met Kitky and Mike. More amazing to find out of my claim to their living room, as my territory, as long as I am here.. MUAHAHA.

Then, came crazy Peng. After a rather long debate (among Kitky and MIke), Three of us, Peng, Kitky, and I went to a Thai restaurant nearby (it felt so near because I was busy talking to them, I think) for some dinner for me, supper for them. I forgot the restaurant's name. But here's what they served. *Peng was not dissecting anything :P

Having left the dinner place, we went back to Kitky's apartment, talked..talked.. talked.. talked.. (Peng left midway).. talked talked.. talked.. until 1a.m. Lots of catching up, I suppose.. HAHA! However, I felt bad that Kitky didn't have the time to study for her test the following day. *hides at one corner of the room.

I know that this is the first part of, don't know how many parts, but KUDOS to my host :D Love you! To honor this very special person, you (SHOULD ALL) visit her blog, Young and Childish There's lot of good thoughts put in there! SO, GO CHECK IT OUT!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like u enjoy it.
haha..

Unknown said...

walau... promote n advertise kitky's blog somemore eh? cool~ trying to pay your rent?

yuetchitan said...

Oi, you talked too much, peng. Come back and do the dishes please!

ManEe said...

yeah.. go do your dishes!! WAHAHA