It's been long since my last post. A lot of times, time flew past me with the usual routine - waking up, staring blankly at the screen, (maybe) playing with the tv remote until I an interesting program catches my attention etc. Occasionally, I would do some squash, visit the driving range. And every weekend, there would be a scheduled lesson for golf and yoga.
There was, however, a slight change in my pace this past week. Other than the above, I've managed to digest a book that was fairly interesting. Never did I think that I would be able to finish that book (more than 1200 pages. With tinee little words) within 4 days. That 4 days worth of reading must have been the most that I've done thus far. Of course, that's not inclusive of comic books :)
Then there was my trip to the night market (it was a very long street to walk. It took my and friend 2 whole hours to go through most of the stalls). It wasn't my first time there, but it was my first time going there with my friend. Was definitely a wonderful experience :) We had the "Jelly drink", fish balls (I loved the tomyam flavored ones), taiwanese sausages with different flavors, some kind of bread thingi, and takoyaki's. Seems like I get quite excited over these stuffs, and I'm beginning to see how "tourisy" I can get (I got the idea from Tim. And Maymay during my trip in HK, earlier this month).
Setting that aside, my level of motivation to find a job hasn't been all that great, since I decided not to take up the offer from the first job. 1. There's now approx. 2 months left. And 2. most of the jobs require a bachelors. In addition, a couple of years of experience. Of course, there's 3. I have to study for GRE. Nevertheless, I'm trying to brush up my skills by randomly making up some stuff. With hopes that some of them can be portfolio material, once it takes its form.
Along the same lines, cuz gave me an assignment to create a poster for the coming promotion for her company. I'm hoping that I will get conceptually, and technically stronger once this assignment is completed. If it's done good enough, I might be able to make my name (dreaming too early. I guess). Afterall, it's going to be used. I'm happy.
Sis also kept me busy with those drawings of hers. From that, I realize that its time for me to train myself to be more patient. Seems like I've grown to be someone that looses her cool very easily. And I figured that it's probably the lack of self control, and training that I've indirectly acquired during art and various other lessons when I'm here.
So there goes that.... and I went to the greens today! That's all I can say about it at this moment. It was, as usual, exciting to do it for the first time :)
Guess I'm getting a little too wordy. Until next time... smile always people!
Later
p/s: my cousin is getting married at the age of 22 (my Guy cousin. lol) It's an irony that I won't be around when the ceremony takes place. Sigh

No comments:
Post a Comment