Friday, January 26

This is how it went...

Met with Max.. the person who responded to my application... Then, was walked to this room (I'm assuming that it's where the GA's work).. and.. then.. there's another 4 or 5 people (that's in the production department). They all sat down. Yup. 5/6 pairs of eyes... all staring at me. They introduced themselves. Ask me to introduce myself. Then asked a bunch of questions. Having repeated the details that were evidently available on their Web site. DUH!

Most of the questions that they ask were really subjective. Other than, the whole class schedule–experience thing. Things like... what's your favorite project. Your best quality. BLA BLA BLA. I was particularly surprised that they asked if I had a graphic design class. I mean. Especially for people like me. YAH. Ad majors. We have very little opportunity to do studio art classes. More so graphic designing classes. But hey. The advantage... we tend to learn faster (at least for me) because we self-teach and observe other people's work. Which is, btw... my favorite way of learning. What's more dissapointing are questions that have already been answered in the application/resume's that they've acquired from me earlier. What's the point of asking me to submit it so early, but not reveiwing it before I turn up for the interview. tsk tsk tsk* To test if I know about myself? Maybe. Watever

Then came questions like. What's the coolest thing that you've done in Illustrator/Photoshop–this to me, is A VERY SUBJECTIVE THING. Do you know how to use the tools. DUH. I filled in FAMILIAR in the area that was provided in the application form. YES. MIND YOU. In all 3 adobe applications that were listed.. AGAIN... in their application form.

And so, I was told that if I got in the second round.. GEEZ.. ROUND 2 =.=" , they'd contact me in about a week's time. I don't have high hopes. Nonetheless, it was a good try. I think. And this time around.... my theory of "there's nothing much you can prepare for an interview" is INTERPERSONALLY proven. Yes. Not even a single question was asked about the publication itself.

Later

p/s: badminton was very tiring, yet fulfilling :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

o.O somebody going to have a career soon~

ManEe said...

c'mon... not yet. It's just like another part-time job dude :P

Anonymous said...

gd luck, sis. that is the only this i can say